There are three major reasons why people are concerned that cell phones (also known as “mobile” or “wireless” telephones) might have the potential to cause certain types of cancer or other health problems:
- Cell phones emit radiofrequency energy (radio waves), a form of non-ionizing radiation, from their antennas. Tissues nearest to the antenna can absorb this energy.
- The number of cell phone users has increased rapidly. As of December 2014, there were more than 327.5 million cell phone subscribers in the United States, according to the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association. This is a nearly threefold increase from the 110 million users in 2000. Globally, the number of subscriptions is estimated by the International Telecommunications Union to be 5 billion.
- Over time, the number of cell phone calls per day, the length of each call, and the amount of time people use cell phones have increased. However, improvements in cell phone technology have only resulted in devices that have lower power outputs than earlier models.
There are certain theoretical considerations as to why the possible risk should be investigated separately in children. The reason goes this way, as their nervous systems are still developing and, therefore, more vulnerable to factors that may cause cancer. Their heads are smaller than those of adults and consequently have a greater proportional exposure to the field of radiofrequency radiation that is emitted by cell phones. And, children have the potential of accumulating more years of cell phone exposure than adults do.
Since the devices these days have a lower power supply, these gadgets get heated up early and thus this would add to the cause of increasing the risk of cancer. In order to avoid this, one can opt for WeBoost signal boosters.
- The WeBoost 470102 Drive 3G-M Mobile Signal Booster Kit is the newest version of the popular Wilson 460102 Mobile 3G Signal Booster Kit. The Drive 3G-M boosts the 2G & 3G networks from all major carriers in the United States and Canada, giving you fewer dropped calls, increased call clarity and reliable 3G downloads. Unlike less powerful signal boosters, the Drive 3G-M communicates with your phone wirelessly and does not require any direct cable connection or for your phone to sit in a cradle. Also, because it is wireless, the Drive 3G-M also supports multiple phones and data devices at the same time.
- The WeBoost 470102 Drive 3G-M’s inside coverage area will depend on your existing outside signal strength. In areas where you get a moderate existing outside signal, the Drive 3G-M will fill a normal vehicle with boosted coverage. As the outside signal gets weaker, you may have to keep your phone within about 18 inches of the inside antenna in order to take advantage of the boosted signal.
- For added durability, the Drive 3G-M amplifier is housed in an aluminium case, which gives it added protection while located under a seat, in the trunk, or in another location within the vehicle.